Monday, April 9, 2012

Carpe Beauty


Large spider in tub

Two great pictures today. Actually one isn't so great, but I did the best I could. The subject was perfectly still! When I made it to the shower this morning, there was something else in there. This bar-of-soap sized spider was hanging out. How does something that large get to our bathroom and into the shower without anyone seeing it!!? Adds a little sinister air of mystery to everyday life.

I try to practice catch and release but wasn't sure how it would go if the spider freaked. I put a small plastic tub down on its side close to the spider and herded it gently toward it with a spatula. The spider obligingly crawled right up into the container. The spider was so large you could hear its legs hitting on the plastic as it was climbing in. I did not hear it drop into the leaves when I tipped it over the deck rail, for which I am glad, enough creepiness thank you!
Catalpa tree in bloom

The other sight was a catalpa tree (Catalpa bignonioides) in full bloom. Catalpa trees and I go back to my little girlhood but that will have to wait for another blog post. This one was next to my drugstore, in the old part of town. There is also one by my other office (see Office Park blog post). They are one of my favorite blooming trees. It is worth the opportunity to see one, they are in bloom right now and it won't last long so keep your eyes open. Carpe diem and all that. You can't really store beauty, although you can recall it. So redeem the time, no one is ever guaranteed extra beauty or time.

No comments:

Post a Comment